Friday, September 13, 2013

MATURE CONSERVATIONS ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS


Inbox)
I know that a lot of you on here are of the opinion that men and women cannot be friends, and I'd really like to understand your side of this.

I'm a married female who is basically a tomboy. I've had several very good guy friends over the years who have always treated me as one of the boys--NO romantic interest whatsoever. They all welcomed my hubby into the group and he has enjoyed friendship with them as well.

However....I'm realizing more and more that the women that my buddies pair up with resent me. One of my closest friends (of 6 years) married a long distance former love (who I actually helped him find and contact). I was so excited for him and I've tried to make plans multiple times, but his wife always finds an excuse to cancel.

This is not the first time it's happened to me--I'm noticing that my guy friends are becoming more and more scarce over the years, and when I ask them directly, they tell me that their wives/partners don't think it's right for them to talk to me anymore.

WHAT GIVES??? It's not like I've ever dated, hooked up with, or even entertained the notion of getting with any of these guys....we don't text at odd hours and I've always been completely supportive of their relationships, and have tried to double date and such with my husband.

Before anyone accuses me of looking for attention, I can assure you that it's the farthest thing from my mind. I'd honestly LOVE to be friends with the wives, and I've even offered to go shopping with them (which I HATE), but I have pretty much only clicked with one of these girls.

How can I connect with my friends' wives so that they will be more comfortable with me in their lives? Is it even possible?

#MCAR

No comments:

Post a Comment